The School of Business and Economics (SOBE) at Thompson Rivers University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in the Supply Chain Management area.
The Department of Management, Information and Supply Chain is an integral part of the School of Business & Economics and offers a Supply Chain Management Major and Minor, a Post-baccalaureate Diploma in Supply Chain, and Minors in Project Management and Management Information System areas.
The School of Business and Economics (SoBE) is a dynamic part of Thompson Rivers University and offers a wide array of successful graduate and undergraduate degree, diploma, and certificate programs in both business and economics. These programs are taught to domestic and international students using both on-campus and distance delivery methods.
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in Supply Chain Management area and allied areas such as project management, business analytics or information systems; and with substantial industrial experience may be considered to teach in the MBA program. A bipartite faculty member teaches eight courses, or course sections, per year. The successful candidate is expected to make service contributions to the profession, department, school, university and/or community by participating on various committees and contributing to various initiatives including work towards aligning our supply chain management programs with a supply chain management professional (SCMP) designation.
- Master’s degree concentrated in Supply Chain or Operations Management area is required.
- Strong teaching experience in supply chain management area, supported by evidence such as student evaluations, is required.
- SCMP, or APICS-CPIM, designation is required; however, close-to-completion will be considered.
- Practical work experience in Supply Chain, Operations or Logistics area is preferred.
- The ability to teach allied areas such as project management, strategy or MIS is preferred.
COMMENCEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT: August 1, 2018
REVIEW DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be reviewed commencing March 23, 2018, and may continue until the position is filled.
Please apply here: https://tru.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/11034